These posts cover the general ideas and concepts behind blockchains and cryptocurrency.
- Representing Value
- The UTXO Model
- The Account Model
- The Double Spend Problem
- Block Hashes
- Bitcoin Script
- Alternative Signed Scripts?
- Proof of Work
- Merge Mining and Auxiliary Proof of Work
- Consensus Mechanisms and Blockchain Immutability
- Proof of Stake
- Blockchains as State Machines
- Proof of Transfer
- A Smart Contract Platform on Bitcoin?
Layer 2 solutions are technologies which operate alongside a blockchain in order to improve efficiency, speed, or otherwise increase functionality and applicability.
Blockchains, cryptocurrency and defi simply could not exist without cryptographic techniques, such as those explained in the posts below.
- Digital Signatures
- Hash Functions
- Key and Signature Aggregation
- Merkle Trees
- Algebraic and Elliptic Curves
- Projective Curves
- Group Theory
- The Group Structure of Elliptic Curves
- Schnorr Signatures
- Zero Knowledge Proofs
- Non-Interactive Proofs
- STARKS I: Polynomials, everywhere!
- STARKS II: Is that a polynomial?
- Building a STARK
Posts about the prices of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are included here.